Friday, November 28, 2014

Flaky Pastry

By: Alyssa Marie Tecson 5



My grandmother likes to bake otap for us. It’s a tradition in our family to pass the recipe of the otap every generation. So this is one of the foods that I really miss to eat. Since when I was a child I use to eat otap at home with my childhood friend and until now. 

Why I love to eat otap is because it has a texture of flaky and sugary and its tastes very delicious.  And when you eat otap or just take a bite on it, it breaks into fragments as easily and creates a mess. But the otap easily melts inside your mouth and that is the one thing that I really enjoy by eating otap. This kind of pastry is very easy to bake and the ingredients are simple, easy to find. The price is also affordable and you can find it anywhere.

Making otap can be a source of income. In that way, you can start a small business. Making otap is very indemand until now; it was a great pasalubong and snack. Just like what I have said before, the ingredients are very common such as flour, sugar, and shortening only.

This snack is for family, barkada and for everyone. You can share it where ever you are. Otap`s taste is one thing that you can't forget. And especially if your otap is made from Cebu I’m surely that it was very delicious and one of a kind.

I highly recommend it for everyone who loves to eat snacks. And I also highly recommend it for everyone who will go to Cebu to try otap, because Otap is one of the most delicious signature snacks of Cebu. Go buy and try it, you won’t regret it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment